Posted: Sep 13, 2019
FREDERICK, Md. - The Hood College women's cross country team placed third at its first home meet of the year, the Blazer Twilight at Utica Park.
How it Happened
- Saoirse Conley was Hood's top finisher with a time of 21.01.3 on the 5,000-meter course, good for 21st place.
- Raphaella Henson-Vendrell was barely 20 seconds behind in 28th place in 21.22.5.
- Haylee Plaudis ran the course in 21:48.3 and placed 34th.
- Hood's fourth runner across the finish line was Lauren Fancella in 44th place with a time of 22:32.5.
- Lauren Crossey completed the scoring for Hood, taking 51st overall in 23:06.2.
- Krista Przywara and Julee Wells were the Blazers' next finishers in 58th (23:46.3) and 70th (25:19.3), respectively.
- Leanne Weaver was the individual champion in 18:18.4, leading Messiah to the team championship with 22 points.
- Eastern scored 34 points for second place.
- Also competing for Hood were Itayu Torres (82nd, 27:46.9), Shayna Hancock (84th, 28:03.4), and Kaylee Weaver (85th, 28:34.3).
Hood heads to the Don Cathcart Invitational at Salisbury on October 5.