PIKESVILE, Md. – The Hood College women's cross country team traveled to Stevenson University for the Middle Atlantic Conference Championships.
How it Happened
- Raphaella Henson-Vendrell led the Blazers finishing 47th in 26:05.8 on the 6,000-meter course.
- Jayla Harris crossed the line in 26:51.4 for 66th place.
- Lauren Fancella was 101st with a time of 28:41.9.
- Lauren Crossey covered the course in 29.40.7 for 114th.
- Gretchen Young placed 120th finishing in 30:33.4.
- Misericordia University won the team championship with 53 points.
- The Cougars also produced the individual champion in Clare Schoen, who finished in 23:03.9 in a field of 134 runners.
- Hood was 13th in the 17-team field with 345 points.
- "Today was a solid step forward for our program with our men earning their best team performance at MAC's since 2013 and the women since 2015. We ran tough as a group and still have some things we can improve on for the regional meet." – Head Coach Chris Benassi.
The Blazers will compete in NCAA regionals on November 10 at DeSales University.