FREDERICK, Md. - The Hood College volleyball team fell 3-0 to Stevenson in the Blazers' Middle Atlantic Conference Commonwealth finale.
- The Mustangs won 25-11, 25-12, 25-13.
Inside the Box Score
- Tailyn Kite and Carrington Ray had seven kills apiece.
- Kameron Crawford notched 11 assists.
- Emma Elizondo recorded 11 digs, while Fabiola Melendez-Rivera added 10.
How it Happened
- Stevenson opened the match with a 14-3 run to take command early and went on to the 1-0 lead in the match.
- After the Mustangs took a 17-5 lead in the second set, two kills from Ray fueled a 5-1 run that pulled Hood within 18-10. Stevenson, however, regrouped and closed with a 7-2 run for a 2-0 lead in the match.
- The third set was tied 2-2 after a kill by Shannon Saghy but Mackenzie Blevins served up three aces in a 6-0 run to give the Mustangs the lead. Hood pulled within 10-6 after a kill by Kite but Stevenson pulled away to seal the match.
- Sarah Straub had seven kills in nine attacks and Katie Leftridge finished with five kills in seven attacks. For the match, the Mustangs hit .353 with just six attack errors as a team.
- Blevins and Kayla Vaeth each had four aces.
Hood closes the season in a tri-match at Wilkes with Alvernia on November 2.