Posted: Oct 12, 2019
FREDERICK, Md. - The Hood College volleyball team fell to Arcadia 3-1 and Bridgewater 3-0 in a tri-match at BB&T Arena.
- Arcadia won 25-12, 23-25, 25-10, 25-19.
- Bridgewater won 25-13, 25-18, 26-24.
Inside the Box Scores
- Taylor Schaefer totaled 16 kills on the afternoon, including nine against Arcadia.
- Tailyn Kite had 10 kills against the Knights and finished with 13 on the day, matching Carrington Ray's tally.
- Kameron Crawford dished out 30 assists, two more than Ashley Williams.
- Fabiola Melendez-Rivera ended the two matches with 36 digs.
Arcadia 3, Hood 1
- The Knights opened the match with a 19-7 run and took the first set 25-12.
- Hood took advantage of three errors by Arcadia, coupled with a kill by Williams and a block by Ray to turn a 7-6 deficit into an 11-7 lead in the second set. The Knights regrouped and later led 21-18. A 7-2 Blazer run to close the set evened the match at one set apiece.
- After a kill by Saghy in the third set brought Hood within 9-6, the Knights embarked on a 16-4 run to pull away and take a 2-1 lead.
- Arcadia jumped ahead 21-6 before holding off a furious run from Hood. Schaefer had three kills during a 13-3 run by Hood that pulled the Blazers within 24-19. The Knights took the match with a kill by Maddie Hall to halt the run.
- Lauren Enfield had 17 kills to lead all players and served up four aces. Jazlyn Surell had 26 assists and 12 digs.
- Kite had 10 kills. Crawford had a double-double with 23 assists and 11 digs. Melendez-Rivera tallied 25 digs.
Bridgewater 3, Hood 0
- Bridgewater opened the match with a 16-4 to take control of the first set.
- In the second set, the Eagles opened with another run before facing a comeback bid by the Blazers. Trailing 13-6, Hood reeled off seven points in a row to tie the set. Walissa Jaque had a pair of kills in the run.
- The third set featured 13 ties, the final of which was a Schaefer kill to tie the set at 24-24. The Knights won the next two points, including an ace by Sarah Kerns to finish the match.
- Rachel Gaston had 16 kills and hit .500 for the match to lead all players. Jessica Bissmeyer had 20 assists.
- Emma Elizondo and Schaefer had seven kills each. Ashley Williams dished out 17 assists.
The Blazers travel to Lebanon Valley on October 15.