FREDERICK, Md. - The Hood College volleyball scored the final seven points of the first set to take the lead in the match but Shenandoah won each of the subsequent sets in a 3-1 victory.
- Shenandoah won 24-26, 25-20, 25-18, 25-16.
Inside the Box Score
- Carrington Ray and Tailyn Kite had nine kills apiece to lead the Blazers.
- Kite and Emma Elizondo finished with 16 digs each.
- Ashley Williams had 19 assists, while Kameron Crawford had a double-double with 17 assists and 14 digs.
How it Happened
- The Blazers trailed 24-19 after a kill by Payton Clary in the first set. Five different players had kills during a 7-0 run that gave Hood a 26-24 win and a 1-0 lead.
- In the second set, the Hood held an 18-14 lead until the Hornets reeled off a 9-0 run. The teams traded points the rest of the way enabling Shenandoah to tie the match at 1-1.
- A 6-2 run to close out the third set gave the Hornets a 2-1 lead. Shenandoah had 14 kills against just a single error in the set.
- The Hornets gradually pulled away in the fourth set to take the match.
Sabrina Semo and Kate Poppo had 10 kills each for Shenandoah. Kieran Turner had nine kills and no errors in 22 attacks (.409).
The Blazers are idle for nine days until hosting a tri-match with Arcadia and Bridgewater (Va.) on October 12.