Posted: Sep 25, 2019
FREDERICK, Md. - The Hood College women's volleyball won the first set before Wesley College came back for the 3-1 win in non-conference action.
Inside the Box Score
- Tailyn Kite led the Blazers with eight kills and a career-high eight service aces.
- Ashley Williams had 13 assists.
- Fabiola Melendez-Rivera had a career-best 29 digs and Emma Elizondo added 20.
- Kite, Walissa Jaque and Shannon Saghy all had two blocks.
How it Happened
- Kite fueled an 8-0 Blazer run that turned a 17-14 lead into a 25-14 win in the first set.
- The Wolverines rolled out to a 12-3 lead but two kills by Kite and one by Carrington Ray chipped the deficit to six. Wesley gradually pulled away and used a 5-1 run to end the set and tie the match at 1-1.
- Back-to-back aces by Kite in the third set helped Hood build a 7-5 lead. The two teams had four ties before Wesley went on a 9-2 run to build a 19-12 advantage.
- Reagan Healey led all players with 11 kills and paced Wesley with 23 digs.
- Emily Waldridge and Caelli Clifford also topped 20 digs with 22 and 21, respectively.
- Lindsay Burg had 21 assists and 17 digs.
Hood hosts Gettysburg on Friday, September 27 at 6 p.m.