GRANTHAM, Pa. - The Hood College women's volleyball team fell 3-0 in its conference opener at Messiah.
- The Falcons won 25-8, 25-17, 25-14.
Inside the Box Score
How it Happened
- Messiah's attack started out strong and kept up the momentum, hitting .403 for the match.
- With the score tied 2-2 early in the first set, the Falcons reeled off eight straight points, including five kills, to take a 10-2 lead. Hood pulled within 13-7 on a kill by Elizondo before Messiah went on a 12-1 run to end the set.
- Hood regrouped to start the second set and took a 6-2 lead on a Carrington Ray kill. Messiah fought back and took a 9-8 lead before Hood took an 11-10 lead on a block by Kite. Messiah later used a 7-1 run to take a 20-14 lead and a 2-0 lead in the match.
- Messiah went on a 9-1 run early in the third set and held on for the three-set victory.
- Lanae Hunsberger led all players with eight kills. Payton Manwaring and Mary Underman each had seven kills and zero errors. Rachel Rashford dished out 22 assists.
The Blazers head to St. Mary's (Md.) for a tri-match featuring Washington College on Saturday, September 14.