FREDERICK, Md. - The Hood College volleyball team dropped a three-set decision to visiting Widener on Senior Night in Middle Atlantic Conference Commonwealth play.
- The Pride won 25-20, 25-17, 25-15.
Inside the Box Score
- Payton Belella and Elena Zinaich each posted double-doubles. Belella had 22 assists and 10 digs. Zinaich added 10 kills and 10 digs.
- Courtney Hutchinson had nine kills and two blocks.
- Renee Reus added eight digs.
- Delmi Dominguez had three aces.
How it Happened
- A 5-1 run early in the first set that started with a kill and an ace by Zinaich built a 10-7 Blazer lead. The Pride responded by rattling off eight straight points to build a 15-11 edge. Hood pulled within 20-18 on a block by Hutchinson and Angel Scheetz but would get no closer.
- Widener slowly pulled away from Hood in the second set to go ahead 2-0 in the match.
- In the third set, the Pride jumped out to an 11-1 lead and never looked back.
- Before the match, Hood honored Belella, Hutchinson, Reus and Zinaich for their contributions to the program.
- Nicole Dorman had 11 kills for the Pride, while Claire Kaufmann added 10.
The Blazers play their final regular season game on Thursday, October 25 at Stevenson.