HUMMELSTOWN, Pa. - The Hood College women's volleyball team won its 12th match of the year with a 3-1 win at Penn St. Harrisburg.
- Hood won 26-24, 25-18, 16-25, 25-21.
Inside the Box Score
- Elena Zinaich recorded a match-high 15 kills and added four blocks.
- Payton Belella netted 37 assists, 13 digs and three aces.
- Tailyn Kite finished with 13 kills.
- Renee Reus tied Belella for the team-high with 13 digs.
- Robyn Reus and Courtney Hutchinson matched Belella's three aces.
How it Happened
- Hood trailed 24-20 in the first set after a block by Victoria Sweatlock and Alexandra Kon. Carmella Fouts started the Blazers' comeback with a kill and ace to make it 24-22. An attack error by the Nittany Lions followed by a block by Angel Scheetz and Walissa Jacque tied the score at 24-24. Kills by Belella and Scheetz ended the set with a 6-0 run for a 1-0 lead.
- A 14-3 run by Hood in the second turned a 15-12 deficit for a 25-18 win. Zinaich and Kite had three kills apiece during the run.
- The Blazers, who hit at least .205 in the other three sets on the evening, went cold in the third set with just three kills against seven errors. Penn State Harrisburg capitalized and notched a 25-16 win to force a fourth set.
- Hood led 24-18 after an ace by Fouts in the fourth set before the Nittany Lions fended off three straight match points. Zinaich finished the match with her 15th kill to seal the win.
- Brittany Wolf led PSUH with 11 kills and Kristin Waring added 37 assists.
- Kon tallied five blocks.
Hood travels to Gallaudet for a tri-match featuring Penn College on Saturday, October 13.