Posted: Oct 01, 2018
FREDERICK, Md. - Hood College served up 31 aces, the most for the Blazers since 2008, in a 3-0 win over visiting Trinity Washington.
- The Blazers won 25-8, 25-8, 25-10.
Inside the Box Score
- Payton Belella had 11 aces, two short of the school record. The senior added 15 assists.
- Robyn Reus added 10 aces.
- Renee Reus led the team with seven digs, while Walissa Jacque recorded two blocks.
How it Happened
- The Tigers tied the score at 2-2 in the first set before an 11-1 run took control of the things for the Blazers. Tailyn Kite had three aces during the run, while Elena Zinaich added two. Leading 15-7, Belella served up four aces during a 10-1 run to end the set.
- Hood closed the second set with a 16-3 run to go ahead 2-0 in the match.
- In the third set, the Tigers held tough early and pulled within 9-8 after a kill by Kenna Brooks and a ball handling error by the Blazers. Hood regrouped and closed out the match with a 16-2 run. Robyn Reus had five errors during the closing run.
- Brooks had eight digs for the Tigers.
- The Blazers improved to 11-7 on the year.
Hood travels to Arcadia on October 3.