Apr 12, 2019
BALTIMORE, Md. - The Hood College women's track and field team was 12th at the Hopkins/Loyola Invitational at Johns Hopkins University.
- Three Blazers had personal bests.
- Gretchen Young ran her best time in the 200-meter dash in 27.65 seconds. Sam Plinke also had a career-best time in the 200 in 28.28.
- Meghan Moir turned in her best marks in the long jump (4.05 meters; 13-3 1/2) and shot put (7.64 meters; 25-0 3/4).
- Young in the 200.
- Division I Towson dominated the field, finishing with 224.5 points, nearly double that of fellow DI and runner-up Loyola's 121.
- "Today presented some great competition and adverse conditions, and we responded well with several PRs and conference qualifiers highlighted by Evan, AJ, and Gretchen locking in their spot for the conference championships in the 200. We did a lot of things today that will prepare us well for the Widener Invitational in a week," Coach Benassi.
The Blazers travel to the Widener Invitational on April 19-20.