Posted: Jan 26, 2019
FREDERICK, Md.- The Hood College women's swim team was edged by Lebanon Valley College by a final tally of 124-114.
How it Happened
- Danielle Pong took home three top finishes on the day. She won the 100-yard breaststroke with a time of 1:09.15, 100-yard freestyle with a time of 58.49, and the 100-yard butterfly with a time of 1:03.66. Her time in the 100-yard breaststroke missed the school record by just 0.06 seconds.
- Kate Sanborn won the 200-yard breaststroke and the 200-yard individual medley with times of 2:41.83 and 2:31.75, respectively. She also took second in the 100-yard breaststroke in 1:13.70.
- Brianna Hand-Solomon won the 100-yard backstroke and the 50-yard freestyle with times of 1:02.91 and 25.97, respectively.
- Ann Coleman notched a first-place finish with a time of 2:14.96 in the 200-yard freestyle.
- Mandy Smith picked up a pair of second-place finishes on the day. She swam in the 200-yard freestyle and the 500-yard freestyle with times of 2:16.36 and 6:06.54, respectively.
- The relay team of Hand-Solomon, Sanborn, Pong, and Coleman took first place with a time of 1:58.21 in the 200-yard medley relay.
- Hood honored lone senior Hand-Solomon for her contributions to the program as a part of senior day.
The Blazers are idle until the Middle Atlantic Conference Championships on February 14-17th.