READING, Pa. - The Hood College women's soccer team dropped a 3-0 final at Albright in the Middle Atlantic Conference Commonwealth First Round.
Inside the Box Score
- Lydia Erickson made eight saves.
How it Happened
- The Lions got on the board in the 10th minute. Hood gave up possession in its own end and Emily Serpico quickly played through to Lauren Haley for the 1-0 lead.
- The Blazers nearly answered quickly. An Albright foul gave Hood a free kick from 20 yards out. Erin Scarborough sent a strong strike around the wall but Olivia Donkus dove for the stop.
- Hood ran into bad luck early in the second half. Autumn Bieber sent a corner into the box in the 50th minute. Several players went up for the header and the ball glanced off a Blazer defender and into the net to increase the deficit to 2-0.
- The Blazers nearly responded a minute later. A shot by Melissa Merritt was deflected away by Donkus leaping to the far post.
- Haley added her second goal of the night in the 86th minute to ice the match.
- Donkus stopped five shots in the shutout.
- Hood dropped to 11-8-2 overall, while the Lions improved to 12-7.
- The Blazers were making its first MAC Commonwealth Championship appearance since joining the league before the 2012 season.
Hood awaits word on a potential bid to the ECAC Championships. The field will be announced on November 11.