FREDERICK, Md. - The fifth-seeded Hood College women's soccer team will travel to Albright, the fourth seed, for the first round of the Middle Atlantic Conference Championships.
- Adults - $5
- Senior Citizens - $4
- Students (valid ID) & Children - $2
- Pre-school (under 6) with Adult - FREE
- Online Store (Open until Nov. 16)
A limited amount of vintage heather long sleeve shirts will be for sale on-site for $18.
• 100% polyester heathered wicking knit
• Tagless label
• Crew neck; set-in sleeves
- The Blazers enter the championships with a school-record tying 11 wins so far this season.
- Hood's 44 goals and 31 assists this season are each the most since the 2008 season (55g, 34a).
- Senior Erin Scarborough leads the Blazers with 12 goals and 29 points, while her five assists are second on the team. She is second in the MAC Commonwealth in goals, tied for second in points and tied for seventh in assists. For her career, she has moved into third-place all-time in goals and points. Scarborough has 15 points in conference play (6g, 3a).
- Melissa Merritt has stepped up as a junior with eight goals and six assists for 22 points. She is tied for third in the MAC Commonwealth in assists and is fifth in points.
- Courtney Ellis and Jasmine Mangle each have seven goals to their credit, while Ellis has a one-point advantage with 17 total points out of the midfield.
- Hood has utilized five backs down the stretch, with Ashley Weidemann, Jordan Bailey, Lexi Fosmire, Delaney Crawford and Cassidy O'Neill anchoring the backline in front of goalkeeper Lydia Erickson.
- Thus far this season, the defense has allowed just 1.26 goals against, on pace for a school record. The Blazers' eighth shutouts are their most since 2009.
- The Lions match Hood with 11 wins thus far this season and are making their sixth consecutive appearance in the MAC Commonwealth Championships.
- Albright enters the tournament winners of four of its last five matches, with the lone loss to No. 1 Messiah.
- The Lions get balanced scoring from Autumn Bieber, Lauren Haley and Diza Hasanaj, each of whom has between 16 and 19 points this season. Hasanaj has eight goals, one more than her two teammates, for the team lead. Bieber leads the team with five assists.
- In goal, Olivia Donkus has started 14 times with a 1.23 goals-against average.
- Bieber assisted Hasanaj for the overtime, game-winner against Hood on October 29. Scarborough and Mangle scored for Hood, while Ellis added an assist. Bieber also scored for Albright, as did Jillian Lapidus.
- The win extended Albright's streak in the series between the two sides to eight in a row.
HOOD'S PLAYOFF HISTORY
- The match marks the Blazers' first trip to the MAC Commonwealth playoffs since joining the conference in 2012.
- It is also Hood's first conference tournament bid in 11 seasons.
- Before the current drought, Hood had made the conference tournament in all 14 seasons of the program's existence, including a tournament crown in 1995.
- The Blazers' last trip to the playoffs in 2008 resulted in a tie against Stevenson in the Capital Athletic Conference Quarterfinals. Hood advanced on penalty kicks before falling to Mary Washington in the semifinals.
SCHEDULE OF EVENTS
- 4/5 Play-In (Nov. 5): #5 Hood at #4 Albright, 7 p.m.
- Semifinal 1 (Nov. 7): #4/5 Winnder at #1 Messiah, 7 p.m.
- Semifinal 2 (Nov. 7): #3 Stevenson at #2 Arcadia, 7 p.m.
- Final (Nov. 9): TBA vs. TBA
- The location of each game will be hosted by the higher seed