READING, Pa. - The Hood College women's soccer team fell to Albright 3-2 after 96 minutes of play but still managed to clinch its first spot in the Middle Atlantic Conference Commonwealth Tournament with help from Lycoming.
Inside the Box Score
- Erin Scarborough and Jasmine Mangle each tallied a goal. Scarborough's marker gave her sole possession of third place all-time at Hood with 24 career goals.
- Courtney Ellis registered an assist.
- Lydia Erickson saved six shots in goal.
How it Happened
- The first goal came in the 56th minute when Autumn Bieber finished a rebound over Erickson who was recovering from an initial save.
- The Blazers tied the game in the 63rd minute when Scarborough found the top corner from the opposite side of the 18-yard box.
- Mangle put Hood at a 2-1 lead when she scored when the Albright keeper failed to control a free kick in the 73rd. The loose ball dropped to the waiting senior's feet, who finished to give the Blazers the lead.
- Shortly after in the 76th minute, a 25-yard screamer from Albright's Jillian Lapidus beat Erickson putting the game at a 2-2 draw setting up overtime.
- Emily Dettbarn almost hit the game-winner but her effort soared inches over the crossbar in the 92nd minute.
- A long-range effort from Nicole Bautista was just wide of the target in the 95th.
- A Diza Hasanaj header sealed the game for the Lions after a Bieber corner in the 96th minute.
- Olivia Donkus recorded six saves.
- Hood is now 11-6-2 overall, 3-3-1 in league play. The Blazers locked up a playoff spot with Lycoming's 2-1 win over Lebanon Valley Tuesday.
- Albright improves to 10-7 on the year and 4-3 in the conference.
Hood travels to Lycoming on Saturday, November 2.