FREDERICK, Md.- The Hood College women's soccer team took down St. Mary's after a late goal led the Blazers' to their best five-game start in program history.
Inside the Box Score
- Emily Savona scored her first collegiate goal for the Blazers.
- Emily Dettbarn registered her first assist for Hood College.
- Lydia Erickson kept a clean sheet with four saves in goal for the full 90.
How it Happened
- Hood nearly took the lead after Savona found the back of the net in the 65th minute but was flagged offsides. The game remained a stalemate until the 84th minute when Dettbarn picked out a running Savona who capitalized on the opportunity by firing a shot into the upper left corner beating the goalkeeper.
- St. Mary's almost equalized but an Ashley Yurich header was cleared off the line by Jordan Bailey in the 88th minute.
- The Blazers held on for the remaining two minutes claiming their first win against St. Mary's in 12 meetings between the two sides.
- The Seahawks outshot the Blazers 19-6.
- Audra Haines played all 90 minutes in net for St. Mary's.
- Hood extends their record to 4-1, the first time in program history the Blazers have won four of their first five.
Hood hosts Catholic on Tuesday, September 17 at 7 p.m.