CHESTERTOWN, Md. - Two first half goals led the Hood College women's soccer team to a 2-1 victory over the Washington College Shorewomen.
Inside the Box Score
- Erin Scarborough scored her third goal in four matches.
- Jasmine Mangle found the net for the second time this season.
- Lydia Erickson played 90 minutes between the pipes. She made three saves.
How it Happened
- The Blazers got off to a quick start after a goal from Scarborough put the Blazers ahead. Her effort from outside the box found its way past the keeper and into the top corner.
- Mangle added to Hood's tally after dribbling past the goalie and passing it into the open net. A Cassidy O'Neill through ball split the line of defense leaving Mangle with just the keeper to beat.
- A late Blazer own goal brought the Shorewomen closer but was not enough as the game ended 2-1.
- Noah Smith and Annalie Buscarino split halves in goal for Washington College. Buscarino registered one save.
- Hood is now off to a 3-1 start to the season.
The Blazers take on St. Mary's (Md.) on Saturday, September 14 at 2:30 pm.