BALTIMORE, Md. - Two goals by Goucher in the opening 18 minutes proved too much for the Hood College women's soccer team in 2-1 loss to the Gophers.
Inside the Box Score
- Erin Scarborough scored for the second straight match.
- Lydia Erickson played all 90 minutes in goal.
How it Happened
- Goucher took a 1-0 lead in the ninth minute when Megan Kelleher took an assist from Alyssa Hodnik.
- The Gophers doubled the lead nine minutes later when Hodnik assisted on a score by Claudia Roller, early in the 18th minute.
- Scarborough brought the Blazers back to within a score with an unassisted score n the 33rd minute to make it 2-1 at halftime.
- Hood held Goucher to just a single shot, which was off target, in the second half. The Blazers had several chances to tie the score, including two shots and five corners, but were unable to pull even.
- Goucher's Christina Charikofsky made two saves.
- Both teams finished with six shots.
- Hood slid to 1-1 on the year, while Goucher is 2-0.
The Blazers look to get back into the win column on Wednesday, September 4 at Marymount (Va.).