FREDERICK, Md. - A rough stretch in the first half proved too much to overcome for the Hood College women's soccer team in a 3-1 loss to visiting Franklin & Marshall.
Inside the Box Score
- Erin Scarborough scored the Blazers' goal on a penalty kick in the 47th minute.
- Lydia Erickson made four saves.
- Shots nearly even in the match, with the Diplomats holding a slim 11-10 edge.
How it Happened
- Franklin & Marshall scored three times in a 32 minute stretch of the first half, beginning with a Sarah Marsan goal in the 11th minute.
- After Allison Klei scored in the 24th minute, a goal by Sam Springer stretched the lead to three eight minutes later.
- Hood struck back in the second half when the Blazers were awarded a penalty kick in the 47th minute. Scarborough blasted it home for her fourth goal of the season.
- Tara Hessenthaler stopped three shots in net for the Diplomats.
Hood travels to St. Vincent on Saturday, September 22 at 3 p.m.