Posted: Sep 15, 2018
FREDERICK, Md.- The Hood College women's soccer team coasted to a 5-0 victory against the visiting Marymount Saints.
Inside the Box Score
- Melissa Merritt notched a goal and two assists for the Blazers.
- Botten, Jasmine Mangle, Madisyn Klein, and Erin Scarborough each scored a goal.
- Cassidy O'Neill added an assist.
- Knoebel made three saves in goal.
How it Happened
- The Blazers struck first when Merritt delivered a ball in front of the net that was finished off by Botten early in the eighth minute.
- In the same minute, Merritt played a ball to a streaking Mangle who put the Blazers up 2-0 early.
- O'Neill played in a corner kick in the 11th minute that was knocked in by Klein to stretch the Hood lead. It was the freshman's first career goal.
- Hood led 3-0 at the break.
- Merritt was able to continue to put her fingerprints on the game with an unassisted goal in the 70th.
- Scarborough capped the scoring with a long range shot that landed just over the keeper in the final minute of play.
- Sydney Sherman made two saves in the first half of action. Madison Foltz stopped one shot in the second half of play.
- The Blazers held a 17-10 shot advantage.
Hood hosts Franklin & Marshall on Tuesday, September 18 at 4 p.m.