FREDERICK, Md.- The Hood College women's soccer team dropped its first Middle Atlantic Commonwealth Conference contest of the year by a score of 3-0 to the Arcadia Knights.
Inside the Box Score
- Rachel Knoebel made eight saves in 74 minutes of action.
- ReidAnn Sever tallied one save in 16 minutes of play.
How it Happened
- The Knights scored in the 16th minute off a corner kick from Mia Bertolami that was headed in by Veronica Pontis.
- Arcadia notched another goal in the 35th minute off a through ball from Tara Smith that Jess Kelly finished off the post to make the lead 2-0.
- Hood's best opportunity to climb back into the game came on a shot by Alyssa Nubgaard in the 54th minute.
- Kelly scored again in the second half by way of a penalty kick to stretch the lead to 3-0.
- The loss snaps the Blazers five match win streak.
- Hood drops to 8-2-1, 0-1 in the MAC.
- Arcadia improves to 7-4, 1-0 in the MAC.
- Evelyn Feigeles made one save in 59 minutes and Brianna Williams did not face a shot in 31 minutes of action, combining for a shutout.
Hood continues MAC conference play at Widener on Wednesday, October 4 at 7 p.m.