FREDERICK, Md. - The Hood College women's soccer team won its fifth-straight, matching the longest win streak in school history, with a 4-1 victory over Wesley College.
Inside the Box Score
- Emily Onheiser turned in her first career two-goal game to lead the Blazers to 8-1-1 on the season.
- Elien Comhaire dished out two assists.
- Rachel Knoebel had two saves.
How it Happened
- The Blazers struck first in the 28th minute on a header by Jordan Bailey off a corner by Comhaire.
- Wesley evened things up 11 minutes later when Janiah Moore lofted a long strike high into the goal.
- Hood took the lead right before halftime when Onheiser finished a ball from Comhaire late in the 42nd minute.
- The Blazers added two more in the second half to put the match away. Erin Scarborough took a long pass from Lexi Fosmire to make it 3-1 in the 61st minute. Onheiser iced the match in the 79th minute with Melissa Merritt getting credit for the assist.
- Hood's five-match win streak equaled the 2006 team's school record. The 2008 team had a seven-match unbeaten streak that included a tie.
- The Wolverines fell to 3-4-1.
- Amanda Deputy had four saves for Wesley.
Hood hosts Arcadia to open Middle Atlantic Conference Commonwealth play.