FREDERICK, Md.- Three assists by Alyssa Nubgaard fueled the attack for the Hood College women's soccer team as they cruised to a 4-0 win over the Glenville State Pioneers.
How it Happened
- In the 26th minute, Nubgaard sent a high cross into the box that was headed home by freshman Sam Plinke.
- Nubgaard facilitated the offense again on a corner kick in the 35th minute that was knocked in by Jasmine Mangle.
- Just three minutes out of halftime Nubgaard found Emily DiMatteo across the top of the box and placed a shot just over the keeper into the corner of the net to bump the lead to 3-0.
- Plinke was involved again in the 82nd minute when she hit a shot bounced off of the keeper and poked into the back of the net by fellow freshman Melissa Merritt.
Inside the Box Score
- Nubgaard had three assists for the Blazers, one shy of the school record.
- Plinke scored a goal and added an assist.
- Mangle, DiMatteo, and Merritt each had one goal apiece.
- Rachel Knoebel notched three saves for Hood.
- Plinke and Merritt each tallied their first career goals.
- DiMatteo scored her first goal as a Blazer.
- Hood held a 17-6 shot advantage.
- Alyssa Banks had eight saves for the Pioneers.
- Hood improves 6-1-1, the best start in school history.
- Glenville State drops 0-2-2.
Hood hosts St. Vincent on Saturday, September 23 for Senior Day at 1 p.m.