FREDERICK, Md.- The Hood College women's soccer team came from behind to extend the best start in school history with a 4-3 victory over visiting Immaculata. A cross from Alyssa Nubgaard into the box caused an own goal in the 83rd minute to lift the Blazers to the win.
Inside the Box Score
- Nubgaard scored Hood's first goal and assisted on another.
- Jordan Bailey and Elien Comhaire each had a goal apiece.
- Erin Scarborough chipped in with an assist.
- ReidAnn Sever had five saves for the Blazers.
How it Happened
- Hood struck first in the 13th minute when Nubgaard got out on the breakaway and scored a hard shot just outside of the box.
- It took the Mighty Macs until the 54th minute to answer back with a long free kick from Carrie Quigley.
Comhaire finished a square pass from Scarborough in the 63rd minute to put the Blazers back ahead.
- Immaculata retaliated with two goals in the 68th minute to take the lead.
- In the 80th minute Jordan Bailey evened up the score with a header off of Nubgaard's corner kick.
- Just three minutes later Nubgaard sent a cross into the box that bounced off an Immaculata player and into the goal to put the Blazers ahead for good.
- Both teams had 11 shots.
- Isabella Romano had five saves for the Mighty Macs.
- The 3-0-1 start marks the Blazers best start in school history.
Hood travels to Franklin & Marshall on September 10 at 1 p.m.