WASHINGTON, D.C. - Less than 48 hours after a scoreless tie in the season opener, the Hood College women's soccer team found its offense in a 10-0 victory over Gallaudet.
Inside the Box Score
- Four different Blazers had multi-goal games. Jasmine Mangle led the way with two goals and two assists. Alyssa Nubgaard added two goals and an assist. Sam Plinke and Emily Onheiser each scored twice.
- Elien Comhaire dished out three assists, leading the team to a school-record nine assists in the match.
- Erin Scarborough and Melissa Merritt both scored goals in the game.
- Michaela Provinzano assisted on two scores and Elisa Botten added a helper.
- Rachel Knoebel made one save on her way to the shutout.
How it Happened
- Mangle scored twice in the opening 15 minutes to put the Blazers in control of the match. Scarborough found the back of the net midway through the 16th minute for what proved to be the final goal of the first half.
- Merritt scored her first career goal just over two minutes into the second half to make it 4-0 and put the contest out reach.
- In addition to Merritt, Plinke and Provinzano had their first career points in the match.
- Hood's 10 goals were one short of the school record and the most for the Blazers since the 2009 season.
- The nine assists broke the old record of seven. Hood had tallied that number on three occasions, most recently in 2012.
- It was the Blazers' second straight shut out to start the season.
- Silvya Levesque made 20 saves for Gallaudet.
- Hood improves to 1-0-1, while Gallaudet drops to 1-1.
The Blazers are back in action on September 5 when Juniata visits Thomas Athletic Field.