GLENSIDE, Pa.- The Hood College women's lacrosse dropped a close 10-9 road contest against the Arcadia Knights in Middle Atlantic Conference Commonwealth play.
Inside the Box Score
- Laura Skorobatsch led Hood with four goals, four draw controls, and two caused turnovers.
- Kara Phoubandith had two goals and caused two turnovers.
- Tenley Reeder added two assists and four ground balls
- Nikki Lunn notched four draw controls and two caused turnovers.
- Sophia Vilaca made six saves in goal.
How it Happened
- The Blazers took a 1-0 advantage almost two minutes into the game when Reeder found Skorobatsch.
- Just a minute later the Knights tied things up with a goal from Jess Kaye.
- At 23:15 Skorobatsch found the back of the net again to put Hood back ahead.
- Arcadia then rattled off four straight goals to take a 5-2 lead with just under 14 minutes remaining in the half.
- Skorobatsch scored again and Jess Lyons notched a tally at the 9:51 mark. Rachel Slater scored for the Blazers just before the break to tie the game 5-5 heading into halftime.
- The team traded goals in the second half before Phoubandith gave Hood an 8-7 advantage with 9:14 remaining.
- The Knights recorded back-to-back goals to hold a 9-8 advantage with 3:41 left in the game.
- A free position goal by Skorobatsch tied the game once again with a little less than two minutes on the clock.
- Julia Imbert was able to push Arcadia ahead 10-9 with a late goal.
- Slater was not able to capitalize on a free position shot for Hood that would have tied the game in the closing seconds.
- Imbert had four goals.
- Kaye and Nicole Kress each had two goals and one assist. Kaye added four draw controls and two caused turnovers.
- Kirsten Pedicone caused five turnovers.
- Caroline Toner scooped up six ground balls.
- Veandra Selby stopped 11 shots.
Hood hosts Lebanon Valley on Wednesday, April 3 at 4 p.m.