HILTON HEAD, S.C. - The Hood College women's lacrosse team suffered its first loss of the 2019 season with an 18-6 defeat by Muhlenberg in the final game of the Blazers' spring break trip.
Inside the Box Score
How it Happened
- After O'Neill's first goal of the day pulled Hood within 3-2 with 18:21 remaining in the half, the Mules rattled off four straight goals to take a 7-2 lead with 5:24 left in the half.
- Hood responded with goals by O'Neill, Jess Lyons and Skorobatsch down the stretch to get within 7-5 at halftime.
- Skorobatsch's second goal of the day made it 9-6 with 25:46 left in the contest, but it would be the last score of the day for the Blazers. Muhlenberg closed the game with a 9-0 run to pull away.
- Amanda Tullo had five goals and an assist. Emma Carmody added four goals and an assist.
- Jordan Segrave made five saves in the first 58 minutes. Chiara Brady turned away a single shot over the remaining two minutes.
- Complete statistics not available. Information courtesy Muhlenberg College.
The Blazers, 4-1 on the year, host Susquehanna on March 9.