FREDERICK, Md.- The Hood College women's basketball team dropped a home contest against the Stevenson Mustangs in Middle Atlantic Conference Commonwealth action by a score of 89-62.
Inside the Box Score
- Mia Savoy had a game-high 24 points to go along with seven rebounds.
- Ebony Pitt added 11 points.
- Morgan Anderson pulled down seven boards and denied four shots.
- Laura Vetter also recorded seven rebounds in addition to four assists.
How it Happened
- The Mustangs opened the game on a 13-2 run before Pitt found Savoy for an easy layup.
- The teams traded buckets the rest of the period with Stevenson holding a 23-14 advantage after one quarter of play.
- Stevenson pushed the lead to 42-26 with just under four minutes left in the half.
- Savoy and Pitt combined to score the final ten points for Hood to keep the Blazers within striking distance, trailing 45-36 at the break.
- A quick 6-0 run forced a Hood timeout just over a minute into the third period.
- A Maggie Tien layup cut Stevenson's lead to single digits at 58-49 with 2:37 remaining in the period.
- The Blazers trailed by 12 heading into the final quarter 64-52.
- A 25-10 fourth quarter helped Stevenson pull away from Hood.
- Jonyae Curry led the Mustangs with 22 points.
- Hannah Crist added 18 points.
- Brandi Hall tallied 12 points, eight boards, and a game-high six assists.
- Olivia Coleman scored 10 points and pulled down eight boards.
- Kellie Johnson had a game-high 10 rebounds.
The Blazers hit the road and travel to Alvernia on Saturday, January 19th at 1 p.m.