FREDERICK, Md.- The Hood College women's basketball team finished the game on a 20-3 run, including the final 15 points of the game, to come from behind to defeat the Penn State-Abington Nittany Lions 57-53.
Inside the Box Score
- Mia Savoy scored a team-high 13 points and Maggie Tien added 11.
- Tamiya Ford pulled down 10 boards to go along with eight points.
- Ebony Pitt did a little of everything with six points, eight assists, and nine rebounds.
- Morgan Anderson chipped in six points, six boards, and three blocked shots, all of which came in the fourth quarter.
How it Happened
- The Nittany Lions took their largest lead of the game at the 6:32 mark in the fourth quarter to make the score 50-37, forcing a timeout from Hood.
- A three-pointer by Tien and a jumper from Anderson cut the lead but a three-pointer by PSU's Iman Richmond put the Lion's up 11 with just under five minutes remaining.
- Hood took over the game from this point scoring the final 15 points of the game.
- Savoy's layup tied the game with 1:58 remaining and a transition bucket by Pitt gave the Blazers their first lead of the game with 33 seconds on the clock.
- Hood's defense forced a stop and two free throws by Deaja Colden capped off the comeback victory.
- PSU held a 12 point advantage in the second period but Hood closed the gap and trailed 30-28 at the halftime break.
- Shayna Rodriguez led the Nittany Lions with 19 points and eight rebounds.
- Sydney Barrow added 10 points, five assists, and three steals.
- Richmond pulled down 13 boards and Laquana Nagbe recorded 10.
- The Blazers held a 32-22 advantage in points in the paint.
Hood hosts conference opponent Albright on Wednesday, January 9th at 8 p.m.