Nov 10, 2018
WINCHESTER, Va.- The Hood College women's basketball team dropped their season opener to the Shenandoah Hornets 65-54.
Inside the Box Score
- Mia Savoy led the Blazers with 15 points.
- Ebony Pitt added seven rebounds.
- Morgan Anderson had a game-high four steals.
How it Happened
- The Hornets opened the game with a 7-2 run just over a minute and a half into the game.
- Both teams traded buckets with Shenandoah holding a 15-11 advantage after one period.
- Hood took a slim 17-15 lead almost a minute into the second quarter on a 3-pointer by Rian Wright.
- Shenandoah responded with a 10-0 run to regain the lead that was finally halted by a Tamiya Ford jumper that made the scored 25-19.
- The Hornets held a 35-27 edge at the halftime break.
- The Blazers struggled to score in the third period and Shenandoah opened up a 13 point lead heading into the final period.
- Hood used a layup by Bridget Smith to cut the deficit to nine at 61-52 with just over a minute to play.
- The Hornets spend the remainder of the game at the free throw line to ice the game.
- Ashley Stone led the Hornets with a game-high 16 points.
- Ragan Johnson came off the bench for 11 points and eight boards.
- Shannon Kuhn added 10 points and Jordan Sondrol pulled down nine rebounds.
- Sarah Donley and McKenzie Mathis chipped in with 4 assist apiece.
- Hood held a 21-12 edge in turnovers.
The Blazers travel to Goucher on Tuesday, November 13th at 7 p.m.