WILLIAMSPORT, Pa. - Hood College's Ebony Pitt had a double-double and Lauren Keeney scored a career-high 16 points, but Lycoming defended its home floor with a 69-60 win in Middle Atlantic Conference Commonwealth play.
Inside the Box Score
- Pitt played all 40 minutes and finished with 13 points, 11 rebounds and five assists.
- Keeney hit 4 of 6 3-pointers to lead a perimeter attack that went 7 of 18 (39 percent).
- Mia Savoy added 10 points on 5 of 9 shooting.
How it Happened
- Hood trailed 35-32 at halftime and a jumper by Haley Sipple stretched the deficit to five points just after play resumed. Keeney hit two 3-pointers and Pitt added a 3-point play during a 9-2 run that gave the Blazers a 41-39 lead with 6:41 left in the third quarter.
- Becca Painter answered with a 3-pointer to put the Warriors ahead 42-41. Hood pulled within one on four more occasions, including a jump shot by Pitt that made it 54-53 with 8:24 left in the game.
- Painter hit another 3-pointer to make it 57-53 and started a 10-2 run to put the game out of reach.
- Shelby Mueller shot 7 of 11 on her way to 22 points and added 13 rebounds. Painter hit four 3-pointers and finished with 14 points. Morgan Mader pitched in with 15 points, while Sipple scored 10. Akilah McFadden dished out eight assists.
- Hood held a 17-10 advantage on points off turnovers.
- The two benches combined for just nine points as both teams relied heavily on their starting lineups.
Hood hosts Alvernia on Wednesday, January 24.