FREDERICK, Md.- The Hood College women's basketball team dropped a Middle Atlantic Conference Commonwealth contest to the visiting Albright Lions 70-51.
Inside the Box Score
- Mia Savoy led the Blazers in scoring with 12 points and notched six boards.
- Tamiya Ford chipped in with eight points off the bench.
- Amanda Hackney added six rebounds.
How it Happened
- The Lions held a 19-12 lead after one period.
- The lead was stretched to 33-17 with 2:06 remaining left in the second period before a layup by Jordan Brooks cut the deficit to 14.
- Hood trailed 35-23 at the halftime break.
- A layup by Denisha Robinson with 4:57 to go in the third period brought Hood within 10, 41-31, but Albright pulled away and led 53-33 by the end of the period.
- The Blazers could get no closer than 14 in the final period as Albright closed the game down the stretch.
- Alysha Lofton had a game-high 18 points, added seven rebounds and four steals.
- Devan Horka scored 13 points with nine boards.
- Zaria Mohamed came off the bench to contribute 14 points and seven rebounds.
- Nina Mazzarelli scored 11 points.
- Jane Joyce had a game-high eight assists.
Hood hosts Arcadia on Saturday, January 6 at 1 p.m.