Posted: Nov 16, 2019
BETHLEHEM, Pa. - The Hood College men's cross country team competed in the NCAA Mid-East Regional where they had their best regional finish in school history.
How it Happened
- Chris Burgenson finished the 8,000-meter course in 27:26.5, placing 145th out of 360 runners.
- Levi Davis finished 199th overall with a time of 28:25.0 with Grayson Whitesell directly behind in 200th place, completing the course in 28:26.0.
- Yoni Weldeberuk came in 224th in 28:51.3.
- Frederick Roberts ran a time of 30:51.1 to place 283rd.
- Peter Castro finished in 343rd place with a time of 35:45.7.
- Diego Coj Beltran rounded out Hood's runners with a time of 38:12.7 and placed 355th.
- Patrick Watson of Stevenson was the winner with a time of 24:24.4.
- Carnegie Mellon won the team title with seven top-twenty finishers.
- Hood placed 33rd out of 51 total teams.
- "Everybody did amazing today! I could not have been more proud of the men's and women's team. I will really miss this team and the people that make up this team, but I cannot wait to see them improve in the years to come." - Senior Chris Burgenson
This event concludes the Blazers season.