Posted: Oct 19, 2019
FREDERICK, Md. - The Hood College men's cross country team hosted and competed in the Hood College Open at Utica Park.
How it Happened
- Chris Burgenson completed the 8,000-meter course in 27:10.2, the sixth-fastest time in school history. It was three seconds short of a personal best and good enough for 15th place. Burgenson was honored after the meet during senior day festivities for his contributions to the program.
- Yoni Weldeberuk followed in 31st with a time of 28:07.6, becoming the 10th-fastest runner in school history with the 34th best time ever by a Blazer.
- Grayson Whitesell came in 49th in 29:04.9 and Frederick Roberts ran a time of 32:05.5 to place 82nd.
- Peter Castro rounded out Hood's runners with a time of 37:45.4 (133rd).
- Bryton Henry (Eastern) was the winner with a time of 25:52.4.
- Eastern won the team title with three top-ten finishers for 48 points.
- The Blazers took 10th with 243 points.
The Blazers host the Middle Atlantic Conference Championships on November 2.