Posted: May 04, 2019
CHESTER, Pa. - The Hood College men's track and field team placed 10th at the Middle Atlantic Conference Championships at Widener University.
- Fred Roberts cleared career-best 4.04 meters (13-3) to finish fifth in the pole vault.
- The 4x400-meter relay team of Roberts, Zach Crossey, Evan Ellington and AJ Lewis ran a time of 3:33.18 to finish 11th. Their time ranks fourth in program history.
- The Blazers were 10th in the team scoring with 20 points.
- Stevenson won the team championship with 144.5 points.
- "We made a statement this weekend at the MAC Outdoor Championships with some impact performances. I couldn't be prouder of our small group where AJ won the first individual conference title in six years, Freddy built upon his all-conference performance indoors with scoring performances in the decathlon, long jump, and pole vault, and we also recorded a lot of season- and personal-bests along with a couple of school records. Our men's team really took a big step forward as well with the most team points at the conference meet we have had since 2013. We are excited for one last opportunity to qualify for post-season competition at the ECAC Championships," head coach Chris Benassi.