FROSTBURG, Md. - Hood College's AJ Lewis had three top-eight finishes to lead the men's track and field team at the Bobcat Invitational hosted by Frostburg State.
- Lewis placed third in the long jump for the Blazers' highest finish of the meet with a leap of 6.44 meters (21-1 1/2). He had a sixth-place finish in the 200-meter dash in 23.61 seconds. His 11.53 in the 100-meter dash was eighth overall and was a personal best.
- Evan Ellington joined Lewis with strong performances in the sprints. In the 100, his time of 11.47 placed sixth and made him the fourth fastest individual in program history. Ellington was seventh in the 200 with a time of 23.72.
- Hunter Klein's throw of 37.77 meters (123-11) in the javelin placed fourth.
- Zach Crossey took sixth in the 400 in 54.58.
- Ellington in the 100, also an ECAC qualifier
- Lewis in the 100
- Fred Roberts in the shot put (8.69m), discus (27.64m), 100 (11.68m).
- "Today was a collective team effort and we put together strong performances from every athlete across their respective events. Gretchen, AJ, Freddy, and Evan booked their tickets today to the conference championships with Danielle and Evan also earning trips to the ECAC Championships in mid-May. We also had a ton of athletes set personal bests today which sets the tone for what should be a great stretch run heading into championship season," Chris Benassi, head coach.
The men's track and field team competes at the Hopkins/Loyola Invitational on April 12.