Posted: Oct 27, 2019
OWINGS MILLS, Md. - The Hood College men's swim team won 10 of the day's 12 events in a 146-34 win in a Middle Atlantic Conference dual meet.
How it Happened
- Gaby Hernandez-Paese and Cody Jacobson each won two events. Hernandez-Paese picked up wins in the 200-yard individual medley (2:09.22) and the 100-yard backstroke (1:01.41). Jacobson was credited with wins in the 200-yard freestyle (1:59.45) and the 500 freestyle (5:22.25).
- Joseph Pacheco tallied a victory and two second-place finishes in the freestyle events. He won the 100 freestyle in 57.64 and added runner-up finishes in the 200 (2:11.13) and 500 (5:55.47).
- Three Blazers ended their days with both a first and a second-place finish. Patrick Krol won the 100-yard breaststroke in 1:06.96 and was second to Hernandez-Paese in the 200 IM (2:13.89). Nick Mazaleski's time of 23.09 won the 50 freestyle, while his time of 59.64 in the 100-yard butterfly was second. Hazen Stowell turned in the winning time of 11:12.53 in the 1,000-yard freestyle and claimed second in the 100 backstroke in 1:04.62.
- Cameron King took second in the 50 freestyle in 25.06, behind Mazaleski and in front of Jaelin Edwards as Hood took the top three spots in the event.
- Russell Odor was second in the 100 breaststroke with his time of 1:09.62 and third in the 100 butterfly in 59.79.
- Edwards added two third-place finishes. He swam a time of 28.39 in the 50 freestyle and turned in a 1:04.51 in the 100 freestyle.
- Brooks Anderson was third in the 1,000 freestyle with a 12:15.44.
- Hood won both relays during the meet. In the 200-yard medley relay, Jacobson, Krol, Odor and King teamed for a 1:52.44. King, Anderson, Mazaleski and Hernandez-Paese combined for a winning time of 1:37.10 in the 200 free relay.
- Hood is 1-1 on the year, while Stevenson is 0-1.
The Blazers head to Messiah for a tri-meet with Widener on November 2.