Posted: Oct 12, 2019
FREDERICK, Md. - The Hood College men's swim team fell in its season opener to visiting Arcadia 171-87.
How it Happened
- Hazen Stowell won a pair of individual events, added a second-place finish and swam on a winning relay in his collegiate debut. He won the 100-yard freestyle in 51.83 seconds and then the 200 in 1:53.20. He finished second in the 500 free in 5:12.72.
- Stowell led off the 200 free relay and was followed by Cameron King, Russell Odor and Nick Mazaleski. The foursome turned in the winning time of 1:35.48 to win by just 0.23 seconds.
- Odor had a win in his first college meet, taking the victory in the 100 butterfly in 55.36. He was third in the 50 free with a time of 23.23.
- Mazaleski was second in the 50 free in 22.93.
- Cody Jacobson had a second-place finish and two thirds. In the 1,000 free, he swam a 10:46.90 to take second. The newcomer was third in the 200 butterfly (2:29.67) and the 500 free (5:20.14).
- Gaby Hernandez-Paese also had a second and two third-place finishes. The senior was second in the 200 breaststroke with a time of 2:24.10. He placed third in the 100 breaststroke with a 1:04.32 and the 200 individual medley in 2:09.66.
- Jacobson, Hernandez-Paese, Odor and Mazaleski combined for a time of 1:46.22 to claim second in the 200 medley relay.
- Patrick Krol recorded a third-place finish in the 200 breaststroke with his time of 2:30.04.
The Blazers will look to get into the win column on October 27 at Stevenson.