YORK, Pa. - The Hood College men's swim team is in ninth place after the fifth session of the Middle Atlantic Conference Championships at the Graham Aquatics Center.
How it Happened
- The high-finish of the session came in the 400-yard medley relay. The quartet of John Foley, Andrew Bezmen, Matthew Ball and Max Riedel came in seventh with a time of 3:43.84.
- Four Blazers swam in consolation finals during the session, led 12th place finishes by Riedel and Bezmen. Riedel swam a time of 1:46.60 in the 200 free and Bezmen turned in a time of 1:02.48 in the 100 breaststroke. Riedel's time was a career-best, as was the 1:02.47 by Bezmen in the preliminaries.
- Ball and Foley competed in the consolation final of the 100 butterfly. Ball was 13th in 54.54 out-reaching Foley for the wall by 0.05 seconds. Foley's time was a career-best.
- Hood is in ninth with 123 points.
- Albright is in first with 497.
The MAC Championships conclude on Sunday, February 17 with sessions at 10 a.m. and 6 p.m.
Recap from Session 4 earlier Saturday
York, Pa.- The Hood College men's swim team competed in session four of the Middle Atlantic Conference Championships.
How it Happened
- Matthew Ball qualified for the consolation final with a time of 54.26 in the 100-yardbutterfly finishing 11th.
- John Foley also qualified for the consolation final in the 100-yard butterfly with a time of 54.96, good enough for 15th.
- Max Riedel finished 12th in the 200-yard freestyle with a time of 1:47.43 to qualify for the consolation final.
- Andrew Bezmen qualified for the consolation final in the 100-yard breaststroke with a 13th place finish in 1:02.47.
- Team scoring remains unchanged as session four consisted solely of preliminary events.
Sessions five of the MAC Championships continue at 6 p.m. on February, 16.