READING, Pa. - Hood College's Clay Smith scored twice and the defense held Albright to just three shots in goal in a 3-0 victory in Middle Atlantic Conference Commonwealth action.
Inside the Box Score
- Smith scored twice and reached the 40-goal plateau in his career. It was his fourth multi-goal match of the year.
- Alain Shekanino and Cristian Urbina notched assists.
- Isaac Coeto Jr. made three saves in 86 minutes before giving way to Shane Steele-Quintanilla down the stretch.
How it Happened
- Neither team scored in the first half. The Blazers managed 13 shots in the opening 45 minutes but only placed four on net. Hood's defense, meanwhile, limited the Lions to just three total shots, only one of which was on target.
- Hood finally broke through in the 67th minute. Jaylen Poisal crossed the ball into the box. Urbina outplayed a defender for the ball but was knocked off balance spinning back to the middle. He was still able to play the ball to Smith for the first goal of the match.
- Six minutes later, Albright misplayed a ball to Shekanino near midfield. The senior sliced through several defenders and slipped the ball into the middle. Smith played the ball ahead with his back foot, stayed in front of the defender and finished with his left for a 2-0 lead.
- In the 78th minute, Shekanino sent a cross into the box which was struck into the goal by an Albright defender to put the match out of reach.
- Albright was awarded a penalty kick in the 79th minute but Coeto dove left for the save to preserve the shutout.
- The backline of Cameron Tyler, AJ Lewis, Hirvin Polanco and Aiden Hudon allowed just one other shot on goal in the second half.
- Hood held a 25-8 edge in shots.
- The Blazers improve to 10-7-2 overall.
- Billy Mullen made nine saves for the Lions.
Hood head to Lycoming for a MAC Commonwealth match on Saturday, November 2.