FREDERICK, Md. - The Hood College men's soccer team scored the first goal of the match before Arcadia rebounded to defeat the Blazers 3-1 in a Middle Atlantic Conference Commonwealth contest.
Inside the Box Score
How it Happened
- Jake Hynson preserved a scoreless first half tie when he cleared a shot by Kenneth Marshman off the line in the 42nd minute.
- The two teams were still tied when Clay Smith was fouled in the box drawing a penalty kick. Urbina converted for his fourth goal of the season in the 67th minute.
- The lead lasted just 30 seconds, however, as Matthew Zamorski scored off an assist from Zac Runkle to tie the match. Duncan O'Connor scored the game-winner in the 75th minute, then added an insurance goal in the 87th minute.
- Jake Varrato made five saves for the Knights.
- Hood slipped to 9-7-2 overall.
- Arcadia improved to the same record.
The Blazers travel to Albright on October 30.