Posted: Oct 19, 2019
CHESTER, Pa. - The Hood College men's soccer team fell on the road in Middle Atlantic Conference Commonwealth play at Widener 2-0.
Inside the Box Score
- Isaac Coeto Jr. made two saves.
How it Happened
- The first half was a defensive struggle with the two teams combining for just nine shots during a scoreless 45 minutes. Each team put just a single shot on net in the half.
- The Pride broke through shortly after play resumed as Nicholas LeFevre scored at the beginning of the 47th minute to break the scoreless deadlock.
- Widener tightened the defense after that, limiting the Blazers to three shots in the final 43 minutes and tacked on an insurance goal by Peter O'Connor in the 86th minute.
- John Warwick and Jeroen Kortekaas each played a half in goal for Widener, making one save apiece.
- Hood was outshot 14-6 in the match.
- The Blazers fell to 9-5-2 overall and 0-4 in the MAC Commonwealth.
- Widener improved to 9-5 and 2-2.
Hood hosts No. 18 Messiah on Tuesday, October 22 at 7 p.m.