ANNVILLE, Pa. - Lebanon Valley scored three times in the final nine minutes with Hood College playing a man-down to defeat the Blazers 5-2 in Middle Atlantic Conference Commonwealth men's soccer action.
Inside the Box Score
- Clay Smith scored two goals for Hood.
- Brandon Feuerherd had an assist.
- Isaac Coeto Jr. made eight saves.
How it Happened
- Hood struck quickly with goal in the 10th minute. Smith got ahead on a breakaway for his ninth goal of the year.
- The Dutchmen leveled the score five minutes later on a goal by Peter Foerster. Another goal by LVC, this one by Noah Resuta in the 30th minute, made it 2-1 at halftime.
- Hood tied the match in the 64th minute with Smith's 10th score of the year off an assist from Feuerherd.
- The Blazers played a man down after receiving a red card in the 69th minute and held the line for 12 minutes. The Dutchmen got the game-winner from Caleb Cekella in the 82nd minute and Lucas Strange and Zach Reed scored down the stretch as Lebanon Valley pulled away.
- Hood fell to 9-3-2 overall and 0-2 in the MAC Commonwealth.
- Lebanon Valley improved to 5-6-2 and 1-1-1.
- Sean Quirk made five saves for the Dutchmen.
- Kurtis Rineer and Anderson Velozwong had two assists each.
Hood hosts Stevenson on October 16 at 7 p.m.