SCRANTON, Pa. - With a 4-2 win over the Pacers of Marywood University, the Blazers extended their unbeaten streak to eight, tied for the most in program history.
Inside the Box Score
- Cristian Urbina led the way with a goal and two assists.
- Ricky Salgado registered a goal and an assist.
- Clay Smith and Ryan Waugh each claimed a marker.
- Dillon Eyler tallied an assist.
- Isaac Coeto Jr. made four saves between the pipes.
How it Happened
- Hood opened the scoring in the 33rd minute when Urbina's corner found the head of Smith who headed it past the goalkeeper. This led the Blazers into halftime with a 1-0 advantage.
- Just 52 seconds into the second half, Carlos Perez finished off a low driven cross from Zac Lloyd leveling the score at 1-1.
- Eyler's free kick from the midfield line hit the post and bounced to Salgado who capitalized and put the Blazers ahead 2-1.
- Marywood's second equalizer came from Jon Dinnell in the 63rd minute as the scoreboard read 2-2.
- Waugh put the Blazers back in front after another Urbina corner kick was struck home in the 82nd minute.
- A Salgado feed put Urbina into free space where the freshman found a pocket of space and took a shot past the goalkeeper. This goal capped off the scoring with the game finalized 4-2.
- Smith is now tied for second with Thomas Noonan for individual career points. His 35th career goal puts him at 79 points.
- The Blazers are now unbeaten in eight straight matches which ties the school record set in 2005.
- Mike Gallagher made nine saves for Marywood.
- The Blazers improved to 9-1-1 on the year, while the Pacers are 4-7.
Hood opens up conference play when they take on Alvernia on Tuesday, October 8 at 7 p.m.