FREDERICK, Md. - The Hood College men's soccer team got on the board twice in the final 11 minutes to turn a 1-0 deficit into 2-1 victory over Goucher.
The win extended the Blazers' unbeaten streak to seven, one shy of the school record of eight from 2005.
Inside the Box Score
- Aaron Hernandez had a goal.
- Kyle McQuillen notched an assist.
- Isaac Coeto Jr. stopped two shots in net.
How it Happened
- After a scoreless first half, Hood appeared to score in the opening minute of the second half but was called for offsides. Goucher immediately reversed field and Matthew Sanders took an assist from Isiah Perry for the lead.
- At the 79-minute mark, Ryan Waugh took a shot that a Goucher player deflected into the net for the tying own goal.
- Midway through the 82nd minute, McQuillen sent a cross into the box that Hernandez redirected into the net for the game-winner.
- Hood improved to 8-1-2 overall, while the Gophers sank to 1-8-1.
- The Blazers doubled Goucher's shot count 20-10.
- Cole Judkins made six saves for the Gophers.
Hood travels to Marywood on October 5.