FREDERICK, Md. - After Washington & Jefferson tied the game in the 56th minute, the Hood College men's soccer team scored three times down the stretch to win 4-1, extending the Blazers' unbeaten streak to six.
Inside the Box Score
- Jake Hynson, Cristian Urbina, Alain Shekanino and Aaron Hernandez each scored for Hood.
- Chase Ross had two assists, while Chris Morgan and Paul Hagen had one apiece.
- Isaac Coeto Jr. made four saves.
How it Happened
- In the 16th minute, Ross crossed the ball and Hynson scored on a diving header for a 1-0 lead.
- The Presidents tied the match in the 56th minute on a goal by Nicholas Maknoon.
- Hood took the lead just three minutes later. Ross won a challenge and passed to Urbina, who chipped the ball over the keeper in the 59th minute.
- Shekanino scored in the 70th minute when he bent the ball inside the far post off from 25 yards out an assist from Morgan.
- Hagen shot in the 75th minute and the rebound bounced to Hernandez for the finish and the three-goal lead.
- Samuel Miller made four saves for W&J.
- The Blazers improved to 7-1-2 on the year, while the Presidents slipped to 3-6.
- Hood held a slim 18-17 advantage in shots.
Hood hosts Goucher on October 1 at 7 p.m.