FREDERICK, Md. - Seniors had a hand in three of the Hood College men's soccer team's four goals in a 4-0 win over visiting Saint Vincent on Senior Day for the Blazers.
Inside the Box Score
- Seniors Brandon Feuerherd and Alain Shekanino scored for Hood, while Shekanino and AJ Lewis added assists.
- Jake Hynson and Cristian Urbina also scored for the Blazers, while Paul Hagen and Ricky Salgado recorded assists.
- Isaac Coeto Jr. and Shane Steele Quintanilla combined for the shutout in goal. Coeto made five saves in 82 minutes, which Steele-Quintanilla making a stop in relief.
How it Happened
- Seniors connected on the Blazers' only goal of the first half when Shekanino assisted on what proved to be the game-winner from Feuerherd in the 25th minute.
- Neither team scored again for 40 minutes. Shekanino gave Hood some breathing room when he scored during the 65th minute with an assist from Hagen.
- Four minutes later Hynson found the back of the net four minutes later with the help of Salgado.
- Lewis picked up the assist on Urbina's goal in the 81st minute.
- Before the match, Hood honored seniors Danny Castillo, Hirvin Polanco, Chase Ross, Clay Smith, Feuerherd, Lewis, Shekanino for their contributions to the program.
- The win was Hood's fourth straight as the Blazers improved to 6-1-1 on the year.
- Hood outshot the Bearcats 20-9 in the match.
- Zachary Gibbons made five saves for Saint Vincent.
Hood travels to Juniata on September 24 for a 7 p.m. kickoff.