MEDIA, Pa. - The Hood College men's soccer team scored midway through the first half and limited Penn St. Brandywine to just two shots on goal in a 1-0 road victory.
Inside the Box Score
- Kyle McQuillen scored the lone goal of the match.
- Isaac Coeto Jr. made two saves and posted the shutout.
How it Happened
- The Lions lost control of the ball deep in their own end and McQuillen seized the opportunity with his second goal of the season late in the 22nd minute.
- The Hood defense limited Brandywine to just one shot over the remainder of the half, which was not on target.
- Both teams had chances late in the second half. A shot from inside the box by Jake Hynson sailed high in the 78th minute and a minute later, the Lions' Joey Cairy was turned away by Coeto to preserve the shutout.
- Hood doubled Brandywine's shot count 12-6.
- The Blazers extended their win streak to three and are now 5-1-1 on the year. The Lions fell to 2-4-1 after finishing last season 18-2-2.
- Juan Guerrero made six saves for Brandywine.
Hood looks to stay in the win column against St. Vincent on the Blazers' senior day match. Kickoff on September 21 is set for 1 p.m.