Sep 07, 2019
LANGHORNE, Pa. - The Hood College men's soccer team scored in the 83rd minute but could not complete the comeback in a 2-1 setback at Cairn.
Inside the Box Score
How it Happened
- It appeared the first half would end scoreless before the Highlanders found the back of the net in the 41st minute with a goal from Brendan Keller.
- Cairn added to the lead at the 55-minute mark when Josiah Nistorenko scored off an assist from Hunter Martinez.
- Salgado's goal in the 83rd minute was the start of a flurry of shots for both teams in the closing minutes. Clay Smith and Hirvin Polanco had shots on goal in the 86th and 88th minutes, respectively. The Highlanders had three shots, including two on goal, down the stretch as they attempted to put the match out of reach.
- Kameron Clark made six saves. Noah Akers had an assist on Cairn's first score.
- Hood is 2-1-1 on the year, while the Highlanders are 1-2.
The Blazers travel to Eastern Mennonite on September 11.