Sep 22, 2018
LATROBE, Pa. - The Hood College men's soccer recorded a 3-0 victory over the St. Vincent Bearcats.
Inside the Box Score
- Clay Smith recorded his 10th goal of the year ten minutes into the match to extend his goal-scoring streak to seven games, breaking the Hood record for most consecutive games with a goal. The junior also added two assists to his total.
- Ricky Salgado and Jake Hynson each scored a goal apiece. Hynson's tally was the first of his career.
- Danny Castillo notched two saves in 77 minutes of action and combined with Nick Pilny for the shutout.
How it Happened
- Hood struck early in the 10th minute when Smith put home a rebound.
- Later in the 10th minute, Salgado was able to collect Smith's rebound and finish to give the Blazers a 2-0 advantage.
- Hynson capped the scoring when he found the back of the net off of a cross by Smith in the 32nd minute.
- Nick Bohn and Matthew Balas split time in goal for the Bearcats. Bohn stopped five shots in the first half and Balas denied two in the second half.
- Hood held a 26-8 shot advantage.
The Blazers host Southern Virginia on Wednesday, September 26th at 7 p.m.